Thursday, June 27, 2013

Take Me Home if....

So I have been thinking on Jesus all day today...have I said before how spectacular He is....Oh my, He is amazing!!!  A sweet friend of mine, Suzy, gave me Akiane's drawing of Jesus, 'the Prince of Peace', last night.  If you don't know the story, it is AMAZING. I really do believe this might just be the real Jesus.  A young boy, Colton, of 4 years old at the time, saw her painting (which she painted when she was 8 years old from visions she had been having of Jesus since she was 4) and after seeing it proclaimed that this was the Jesus he saw after being in Heaven (check out his book, Heaven is for Real).  I will post the picture here, but what has struck me about the photo, other than the incredible stories behind it, is HIS EYES....oh, those eyes.  I could stare into them ALL DAY...but then nothing would get done accept the fire in my soul for Him growing, which might only be of use to me :D  I long for the day when He looks into my eyes and I KNOW His deep love at the very depth of my soul face to face.  Oh, that will be a marvelous day!!

After pondering this and Jesus all day today, a quote from my sister-in-law's Father 7 years before he passed away from Lymphoma and just before he was diagnosed, continued to rattle around in my brain as I showered for the wonderful evening ahead.  His quote was something to the effect that he did not want to outlive his love for His Savior.  I want this to be me!  I do NOT want to outlive my love for you, Jesus, EVER!  Oh Jesus take me home to be with you if I am ever in a place to not love you.  I have no desire to stay in this world if I am not madly in love with you.  You are the BEST lover of my soul ever and even in the hard or difficult days I don't want to live without loving you.

That's it!!! Those were my thoughts for the day.  Now, I'm off to have dinner with one of my amazing friends, Nikki, and then onto an evening of prayer with both she and another friend, Alecia and Melody. It is going to be an awesome night.  What more can a lover of Jesus want...conversation that stokes my Jesus fire followed by prayer with sweet sisters who LOVE Jesus as much as I do....Ahhh...I can't wait.  HOLY SPIRIT bring your fire, your fresh breeze, your living air flooding into us tonight.  Now, I'm off...late to meet Nikki...sorry friend...always late I am :D

Have a very blessed night and GO FALL IN LOVE with JESUS tonight.  He's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment